• Re: bug eaters

From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to ARELOR on Thu Jul 4 09:17:00 2024
    In some Autonomies in Spain they are denying farming licenses "to save the >> > planet". It does not matter you can produce chickens and eggs like crazy >> > if yo
    can't produce them at scale.

Is that an EU initiative, or something that these autonomies are doing on their own?

Officially it is the autonomies only, for now. It is not even an initiative from the Spanish central government.

Odd how those "save the planet" folks don't seem to understand where their
    food comes from. Even vegetables are farmed.

* SLMR 2.1a * Sometimes you have to wake up and smell the Spam.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANTIR to Dumas Walker on Thu Jul 4 17:49:15 2024
    Re: Re: bug eaters
    By: Dumas Walker to ARELOR on Thu Jul 04 2024 09:17 am

Odd how those "save the planet" folks don't seem to understand where their food comes from. Even vegetables are farmed.

I keep saying there is a real divide between cityfolks and ruralfolks which is gonna ruin the former quite badly.

Cityfolks have lots of city problems that may grant city solutions. Then they vote and impose city solutions on everybody.

At one point they wanted to apply a toll for entering big towns as a means to prevent cities from being flooded by traffic. I guess that would destroy my social life because I only have extra-professional social activities once per week by going down to the city. The beauty of this idiocy is that revenge is so easy because freight from rural regions would be taxed and the price of food at cities' supermarket would skyrocket.

Fuck this people.

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to ARELOR on Fri Jul 5 09:20:00 2024
    Odd how those "save the planet" folks don't seem to understand where their >> food comes from. Even vegetables are farmed.

I keep saying there is a real divide between cityfolks and ruralfolks which is >gonna ruin the former quite badly.

It is happening here, too. I partly blame education methods. When we were young, we learned about the importance of farming and other activities that went on outside the city. We even took field trips to a farm to learn
    where our milk comes from.

I don't know what they teach them now, but whatever it is it makes the
    divide worse.

Cityfolks have lots of city problems that may grant city solutions. Then they >vote and impose city solutions on everybody.

Indeed. The leadership in the city I grew up in, the same one where we
    used to visit farms, really started treating the rest of the state (mostly rural) like their dumb little brothers who need to learn to "do things like
    we do." Luckily, the capital is in a small town and they won't put up with most of it.

At one point they wanted to apply a toll for entering big towns as a means to >prevent cities from being flooded by traffic. I guess that would destroy my >social life because I only have extra-professional social activities once per >week by going down to the city. The beauty of this idiocy is that revenge is so
    easy because freight from rural regions would be taxed and the price of food at
    cities' supermarket would skyrocket.

That sounds like a typical dumb politician idea. I am shocked the big city here didn't think of that. Oh, wait, they sort of did. At various times, they've tried imposing extra taxes, fees, etc., without representation, on people who don't live there but do work there and, in some cases, people
    who merely lived in surrounding counties but didn't work in their city.
    The courts would eventually stop them.

* SLMR 2.1a * How am I'm overdrawn? I still have checks left!
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Dr. What@VERT/THEGATEB to Dumas Walker on Sat Jul 6 08:32:00 2024
    Dumas Walker wrote to ARELOR <=-

Odd how those "save the planet" folks don't seem to understand where
    their food comes from. Even vegetables are farmed.

I've found over the years that these people are very shallow thinking.

"Electric cars will save the Earth!" But where do the elements needed to make the batteries come from? Where does the electricity come from? They give you a blank stare and just repeat their buzz phase.

They seem to think that vegetables just appear at the store, that electricity comes from a wall socket and batteries are created from unicorn farts.

... Everyone makes mistakes, if not we'd all be single!
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ ** The Gate BBS - Shelby, NC - thegateb.synchro.net **